Start by running your leather cord through your button and centering the cord. Now that you have 2 equal lengths of cord, clip your button to the top of you clipboard, and your 2 pieces of leather cord to the bottom of your clipboard using binder clips. (should look like the picture below before moving on)
We are now going to start our square knots. Run your 0.8mm knotting cord under both of your leather cords, leavings 42" on the right side, and 30" on the left side. Now lets begin our first knot (anchor knot)
Not that you have your anchor knot, we will add 3 additional knots
Release your button from the clip board, and push your knots close to your button. Clip your button back onto your clipboard. Pull Cords Tightly.
On your long piece of knotting cord, load your beads (approx 75 for a 7" bracelet). Tie a loose knot at the bottom to keep your beads from falling off.
Push one bead up and take your right cord over the leather and under your left side cord. Now take your left cord under the leather and up through the loop. Pull tight!
Push up another bead, now take your left cord over your leather and under your right cord. Take your right cord under your your leather and through the loop. Pull Tight!
Repeat Steps 5 and 6 until you have your desired length.
After adding your last bead, you'll make 3 more square knots (the same way you did in step 2b).
Unhook your bracelet from the clip board.
Measure out a hole to fit the button you've choosen.
Tie a knot with your leather, pull tight.
Glue your knotting cord knot.
Glue your leather cord knot.
Let dry. Nip off excess cord. Wear!
- How to Create our Pips in Paradise Bracelet Design
- How to make a Twisted Gemstone Bracelet
- How to create Christmas Wreath Earrings
- How to Create a Leather Lariat Necklace
- Cup Chain Leather Wrap How-to
- Beading Technique - Create Swarovski Diamond Drop Earrings with Artistic Wire
- Create a Tila Weave Bracelet - Step by Step Guide
- All new CrystalTex Jewelry Kit - Step by Step Guide
- Happy Easter - Load up your bead basket with tons of freebies
- How to Make a Leather Love Knot Bracelet
Posted by Johnnie on 11/21/2012 to Bead School